SKIING: The Ultimate Packing List.
Whether you’re a beginner or a pro, it’s always hard trying to figure out what to pack when you go skiing. Your suitcase depends on you, the country you’re visiting, and the resort you’re booked with. There is no need to worry as we having the ultimate packing list for your skiing holiday:
SKIING: THE ULTIMATE PACKING LIST- CLOTHING.
- Waterproof breathable jacket.
- Waterproof breathable salopettes.
- Waterproof, insulated ski gloves.
- Helmet (either bought or rented).
- Fleece or merino scarf.
- Balaclava- don’t worry about looking like a bandit, you won’t really care when conditions are extremely cold!
- Thick ski socks.
- Goggles- these can’t be bought rented at resorts so it’s a good idea to buy them before your trip!
- Thermal base layers- avoid cotton materials as these soak up sweat, leaving you feeling cold and horrible.
- Thermal Bottoms.
SKIING: THE ULTIMATE PACKING LIST- ON THE MOUNTAIN.
- Small rucksack – to carry everything you need with you throughout the day.
- Moisturiser (sunny conditions can leave your face feeling dry and chapped).
- Water bottle- we recommend you fill this up with natural energy drinks (www.activeroot.co.uk ) as they will give you that extra boost up the mountain.
- Ankle, knee, wrist supports (if needed)
SKIING: THE ULTIMATE PACKING LIST- IN RESORT.
In the evenings, it is best to wear what you are comfortable in, but make sure you are also wrapped up warm!
- Snow boots or walking boots are useful as they prevent you from slipping over. You can be good quality ones from around £25, depending on where your holiday is.
- Slippers- these are particularly useful if you’re staying in a chalet or self-catering accommodation.
- Swimming costumes or trunks to make use of any hot tubs or swimming pools.
- Normal gloves.
SKIING: THE ULTIMATE PACKING LIST- OTHER IMPORTANT STUFF.
- Insurance details and passports.
- Muscle Rub for aching limbs
- Vapour rub – in the low temperatures, blocked airways are common, natural vapour rubs clear airways, allowing you to breathe better!
So there you have it! Next thing you know, you’ll be swooshing down the slopes in no time! When looking for good products to improve your skiing or even the comfort of skiing, it’s best to choose products that are natural and will not react with the cold. Products at Bullet and Bone (www.bulletandbone.com) contain only natural ingredients and are designed to help amateur athletes achieve marginal gains, before, during and after their workouts.